Wednesday 11 March 2009

Flash Fiction - Thanks Euan!

Here I am standing in front of the racetrack waiting to break the world record for driving the fastest speed in a car.

I have been waiting for this moment for many years now. I know this task might sound a bit easy, or that all you need to do is drive a really phenomenal car, but there is much more to it. Of course you will need a fast car but to break this record it is all down to the driver's skills.

I have to be really fit so I don't weigh down the car. I also have to be a better driver than Michael Schumacher. I have to know when to change gears and control the car when it reaches over 100mph.

As I stand next to the track waiting to get in my car I start to think: what if I fail? Or what if I crash? And if I succeed will I be admired? Will I be a role model for children?

As my car approaches my heart starts pumping faster than the car can go.

Vrmmmmm Vrmmmmm!!!!!!!

Here I go!!!!!

As I reach 100mph I can feel the power of the car. I'm saying to myself, come on, just a few more.

140, 142, 143, 144. Now I'm so close to beating it.

148, 149, 150, 151, YES!!!

I've done it! I have just become a world record holder. As I come out of the car the crowd go bonkers.

This is an amazing feeling. I cannot believe this has happened. I am speechless as I step up onto the podium and get congratulated by my trainer and the chief of Ferrari.

This is my story.

More about Flash Fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment